Star Information Systems is looking for a System Developer in Singapore.
Star Information Systems is a global provider of a maritime Enterprise Asset Management system (CMMS/PMS).
We focus on progressive web applications for handheld devices and desktops, online/offline use, and a distributed hybrid cloud system to support a fleet of ocean-going vessels and offshore production units.
Our Research & Development team in Singapore team is looking for highly qualified System Developers to strengthen capacity. This is your opportunity to join a compact, experienced, and very agile team and to take part in the creative process from idea to live system.
Your primary responsibility is to write program code. We like to verify a candidate’s skill level with a simple but clarifying programming test. You will also participate in the creative process, where we discuss our objectives and alternative ways to reach them.
We believe in teamwork and collaboration between people from different disciplines and seniority. You will interact with other developers, junior and senior, with designers, architects, and testers, in addition to our sales team and people from our support desk.
- To write the best possible program code, mainly C#, and Typescript
- To be a voice in the creative process where ideas, architecture, and potential solutions are discussed and decided on
- We are mainly looking for well-developed programming skills.
- Teamwork is essential, and so the chemistry must match.
- You enjoy being part of a resourceful team that will share and collaborate to bring about success.
- You are serious about your work and take pride in the results.
- You accept responsibility, and you can work independently without close supervision.
- This position comes with considerable freedom, like any other position in our company. At the same time, we rely on each other to get the job done.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Having a lower degree and being experienced as a programmer is also a good combo.
- You are a recent graduate or soon to finish, or you already have a few years of experience as a programmer in agile teams.
- We will teach you how our distributed hybrid cloud system is designed to deploy and manage applications in a fleet of ocean-going vessels and offshore production units.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Singapore.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Full-time permanent position.
- Five days work week.
- Flexible hours, though we keep core hours to 09:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Alternating days of work-from-home/work-in-office.
- Five weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays.
- Competitive compensation.
- Eight minutes walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT.
- Technically engaged co-workers.
- International experience.
- A focused, relaxed, diverse, and supportive environment.
Star Information Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications from all community sections and appreciate and value diversity as an empowering factor. We expect you to know your work and want to contribute to the team, but you continue learning and remaining curious. If you have a sense of humor and enjoy a good laugh, then even better.
Apply for the position
For further information or any questions regarding the position, please contact Bjørn Gunnar Aune (R&D Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send a short cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com. Subject: System Developer Singapore
Closing date: Open until further notice.
Read more about STAR Career