Last year Star Information Systems won a contract with Turkey’s national oil company Turkish Petroleum (Türkiye Petrolleri AO) for installation of Star IPS on board the country’s first drillship, Fatih, with replication of data to/from Star software in their head office. From November we’ve had three consultants on rotation on board Fatih for 2 x 2 weeks each, commuting by taxi boat and helicopter. Our regional office in Singapore manages the installation project with support from Star Norway.
Fatih is an ultra-deepwater drillship equipped with cutting-edge technology enabling it to drill to depths of 12,000 metres. It was acquired by Turkish Petroleum in 2017 and started exploring for oil and gas in the Gulf of Antalya on Turkey’s Mediterranean coast in October last year.
The scope of the installation project includes:
* Installing Star IPS and Star FSM in the head office in Ankara.
* Installing Star IPS on board Fatih.
* Creating a hierarchy of more than 17,000 technical accounts.
* Creating TA templates with detail information.
* Creating work instructions.
* Setting up maintenance plans.
* Setting up hour counters with connections to technical accounts.
* Recording inventory and spare parts.
* Implementing standard reports and creating special management reports.
* Setting up the replication between Fatih and the head office on shore.
* Setting up the purchase process from requisition on board via purchasers on shore to delivery.
* Continuous onboard Star IPS training for various groups and needs.
All photos are taken by our consultants.