Software Tester – Singapore
Star Information Systems is looking for the best qualified local Software Tester talent to strengthen our Singapore-based Research & Development (R&D) team.
Join us in developing the next state-of-the-art STAR Enterprise Asset Management system for the maritime and energy sectors. We focus on progressive web applications for handheld devices and desktops, online/offline use, and a distributed hybrid cloud system to support a fleet of ocean-going vessels and offshore oil production units.
Our R&D team is looking for a highly qualified Software Tester to strengthen our local capacity. This is your opportunity to join a compact, experienced, and very agile team and to take part in the process from idea to live system.
- Review requirement specifications and prepare test cases.
- Conduct tests and report findings.
- Participate in the design process and provide input from a tester’s perspective.
As our Software Tester, you will design test scenarios and create test cases from the requirement specifications. You will conduct the tests and report your findings to the developers. You will interact with the developers, designers, and architects in Singapore and our counterpart staff in Norway to input the development process from a tester’s perspective.
You should be familiar with progressive web applications for handheld devices and desktops and the concept of online and offline use.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
You have a few years of experience working with software testing in agile teams. Along the way, you have obtained ISTQB certifications.
Experience with Jira and Atlassian tools will be appreciated. We will teach you how our distributed hybrid cloud system is designed to deploy and operate applications in a fleet of ocean-going vessels and offshore oil production units.
- Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- ISTQB agile certification.
- Full proficiency in the English language.
You enjoy being part of a resourceful team that will share and collaborate to bring about success. You are serious about your work and take pride in the results. You accept responsibility, and you can work independently without close supervision. This position comes with considerable freedom, like any other position in our company, while at the same time, we rely on each other to get the job done.
- Full-time permanent position.
- Five days work week.
- Flexible hours, though we keep core hours to 09:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Five weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays.
- Competitive compensation.
- Eight minutes’ walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT.
- Technically engaged co-workers.
- International experience.
- A focused, relaxed, diverse, and supportive environment.
Star Information Systems is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all community sections. We welcome diversity as long as you know your work and want to contribute to the team. If you have a sense of humor and enjoy a good laugh, then even better. We offer a good place to work.
Apply for the position
For further information or if you have any questions regarding the position, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Bjørn Gunnar Aune (CTO) at email email@example.com.
Please send a short cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: “Software Tester Singapore”
Closing date: Open until further notice