Star Information Systems is looking for a Junior Project Controller, a young professional with project skills, to join our team.
You will be part of a team with a high level of competence across technologies and disciplines, with an optimistic spirit and willpower. Elements of the job include planning management, support, cost and forecast tracking, performance monitoring, and reporting. Working with us, you will get the opportunity to work on a range of exciting and socially beneficial projects.
- The Junior Project Controller’s primary duty is to assist the Senior Project Manager and Finance Manager.
- Together with the Project Manager: develop concrete, detailed plans for a project, including the schedule and the budget, outlining the duties of each team member, identifying project goals, and setting a timeline for the project.
- Collaborate with various team members and hold meetings to develop project plans and present them to relevant stakeholders before starting the project.
- Ensure all stakeholders, primarily the business unit and clients, receive input/review/reports, etc., on time.
- Cost overview and KPI reporting.
- Project coordination and documentation management.
- Ensure all cost aspects of the project are connected and technical interfaces are managed effectively to meet the project scope and goals.
- The candidate should understand the interaction of project drivers, specifically technical, economical, and commercial.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail are crucial.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously is an advantage.
- You should communicate in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Behave tactfully and professionally in all situations and at all levels.
- Be open-minded, willing to learn, and proactive.
- Act as a team player.
- Education equals a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or administrative/financial discipline.
- Relevant work experience may compensate for lack of formal education.
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant project control experience, mainly within maritime/oil and gas projects.
English and/or Norwegian.
- Flexible hours.
- Competitive compensation.
- Technically engaged co-workers.
- International experience and a collaborative environment.
- A focused, relaxed and supportive environment.
Norway/Trondheim. Some travel might be necessary.
Apply for the position
For further information or any questions regarding the position, please contact Bjørn Martin Klokkernes (COO) at email@example.com.
Please send a short cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Open until further notice
Read more about STAR Career